Wednesday, February 22, 2017

He First Loved Us....

Good morning everyone and welcome to another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!  I'm here this morning sharing another card I have made using the Flowering Dogwood Collection.  This collection is near and dear to my heart as I have many Dogwood trees in my yard and when they bloom in the Spring my heart sings!

I would also like to congratulate the semi-finalists for the Design Team Call. You can check them out over on the Heartfelt Creations Blog.  While you are there, go ahead and vote for your favorite designers!



Heartfelt Creations Products Used and Products Found in Their Shop:
HCPC-3775 Flowering Dogwood & Doves Cling Stamps
HCD1-7131 Flowering Dogwood & Doves Die
HCDP1-275 Flowering Dogwood Paper Collection
HCPC-3773 Flowering Dogwood Cling Stamps
HCD1-7129 Flowering Dogwood Die
HCD1-7100 Botanical Window Die
HCST1-401 Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
Dove Blender Pen
Lettuce Us Entertain You Prills
Guacamole Color Box Ink
Designer Dries Clear Glue
Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel
Bamboo Leaves, Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk Memento Ink
#85 Crystal Art Glitter
Double Dots

Other Supplies:  White Cardstock, Canson Watercolor Paper, VersaMark Ink, half pearls, London Fog Memento Ink

Instructions:
You can watch this video to learn how to do the different shaping techniques on the Dogwood flowers:   https://youtu.be/gI8RqHAt3vE

My card size is 6 X 6.  Make card base and cover with one of the 6 X 6 card fronts from the paper collection.  Stamp and cut out the dove and add glue and glitter then set it aside to dry.  I chose one of the papers and stamped and then cut out the leaves.  Stamp, emboss, cut out and color the Dogwood flowers from watercolor paper.  I used the Dove Blender pen and memento ink to add color to the petals. I spritzed the back of the flowers with water and shaped with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.  Shape the centers and glue onto the flowers and then add prills to the center.  I wanted the prills a shade deeper so I poured some out onto my Guacamole ink pad and rolled them around with my finger.  They take color well.  Next I cut out the window die and glued it down onto my card front.  I decided where I wanted the flowers and leaves and then glued them down. Next I added some color to the little dove using the Dove blender pen and the London Fog ink. Now shape the little dove with a stylus from the flower shaping kit and added a double dot to the back of him to pop it up from the rest of the card.  I added the half pearls to the window die and then added some glitter to the crosses and the dove in the upper right hand corner of my card.


10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW! This is eye popping, jaw dropping gorgeous!!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, Glenda! This is stunning!

Marisa Job said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the flowers!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Loved the white floweRs

Leslie Miller said...

You have many dogwoods? That must be a glorious sight. No wonder you've got such a feel for these dogwood blooms. I have one young pink dogwood which doesn't give much of a display yet, but I hope for more every year. The deer like the leaves they can reach. What a beautiful Easter card! The window die makes a beautiful garden accent.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Easter card, Glenda! Again love the soft colors. Hope your Wednesday was a good one!

Darlene said...

Just GORGEOUS Glenda! Your dogwood looks so lifelike and that bird is so beautiful! Awesome creation!

Dorothy said...

I love all your Easter cards, they are simply beautiful.

Maire Gamber said...

You really out did yourself! The dogwood look as if I could just pick them off the page! :D Thinking of you, my friend!
Hugs, Marie

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Playing catch up, thanks for your visits. I really love this card. Soft colors and that special die bird is really unique. Dogwoods and Magnolias are such great spring flowers. Enjoy the day