Friday, January 9, 2015

Winter Banner.......

Good morning everyone and welcome to Winter!  The temperatures have dipped down to ridiculous levels and It is definitely very cold in these parts!

I've been working on a banner and I gave you a tease on Wednesday and I have finished and want to share!  I encountered problems when I tried to take pictures of the piece and understand now what everyone is talking about when they say they are difficult to photograph! They are!



None of the details come through on this photo so I kept trying.  You can at least see the size of it but none of the pretties are showing up.


So next I laid it out on my desk and was able to do a little better with some of the details. Notice my cute little bows?  That is from my Bow-It-All.  Still learning how to use it but I love it.  Of course I had to use Spellbinders dies  (Venetian Motifs)!


Now here we go!  You can see all the pretty embossing on the cardstock and the distress ink I used on the pieces and my pretty little bows!  My friend Kathy Clement inspired me to want to try these...Thanks Kathy!  I'm seeing more in my future!

OK that's it for me this morning!  Hope  you guys are all nice and warm wherever you are and keeping your pets warm and safe as well!

9 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Glenda this is beautiful...the last photo really shows the lovely details. Embossing adds a lot. Winter here as you've heard from me...is not beautiful right now. Our hiways are closed, I can see lights to the West of us but my East windows are full of snow, no North windows and South is just white fields. The wind makes it all seem worse.And the wind chill is still minus something. Thanks for your visit. I love Elvis' music. Have a great weekend.

Nan G said...

Gorgeous winter banner, Glenda! Love the darling little bows. It's cold here in FLORIDA too. Bbrrr the Girls and I and tucked in. They're playing in all the boxes as I unpacked the studio. Hugs

craftieodmae said...

You did an awesome job on this beauty!!!!!

Patricia said...

WOW!! Glenda, you must have the patience of a saint.
Lots of work in each little piece making a fantastic "work of art"
Love, love, love it

Patricia x

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful banner!! Love it! Hugs!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful, Glenda, love the soft colors, blue just like today! Have a warm and fun day inside getting ready for your grandson!

Hettie said...

This is beautiful Glenda. Glad I came back for a peek.
Wonderful
Hugs
xx

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, you finished it already! It's sooooo pretty! I love the embossing and those pretty bows. Lovely shade of blue, too. Well done, Glenda!

Darlene said...

OMG! This is FABULOUS! I was so anxious to see the finished product ... it was certainly worth the wait! Just GORGEOUS my friend (you'll be giving Kathy a run for her money ... her banners are gorgeous too) lol! Hmmmm maybe I should give this a try ...
Anyways, stay warm ... keep creating those beautiful works of art and sharing your inspirations with all of us and I'll be back soon! Ridiculously cold here in Ohio too! Come on Spring!! LOL