Monday, December 8, 2014

The Mini Album.......

I have always loved the idea of the "mini-albums" but have shied away from them in the past. Well I have just embraced them!  They are definitely a lot of work and much blood sweat and tears go into them I fear!  My grandson got to take a once in a lifetime trip to Alaska this past summer and I wanted to preserve the memories for him and make a keepsake for him.  So I jumped in with both feet and began the process.

The following pictures are just taken on my desk and not in the light tent and please excuse the quality of some of the photos.  I wanted to keep this album un-fru-fru since Spencer is a very manly guy!  So I tried to keep all the bling down to a minimum.


I found this digital paper and thought it very appropriate; so it became the front and back cover for the album.  I used rawhide string to attach the metal emblem and to hold the album together.  


Right inside the front cover I printed his itinerary and a photo of their first stop (Tok, AK)  Pretty straight forward and I did some corners using die cuts.

My very first pull-out.  I put two pictures of the beautiful cabin they stayed in while visiting Tok.


I was able to store 6 photos in this folder.  I printed a picture of Alaska for the front cover of the photo folder.






This was a brown paper bag that I folded and covered with paper.  It made two pockets for photos and tags.  I love this idea!


See the half circle cut out of the red sheet?  It is to be pulled out and there is a picture on that as well.  I found lots of ideas for this on YouTube.  There is always a video there for whatever you want to learn about!


I used mostly Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport papers and think they made a great background for most of my photos.





I tried to stay true to the fact that I didn't want this to be all dolled up with lots of flowers and ribbons which is my trademark.

The back page has another two pockets to hold a little tag about his flight on July 15th.  to Alaska.  Also the larger pocket houses the extra photos I printed out for him to keep.

So there you have it.  There was a lot of work that went into this album and my grandson was really impressed that I took the time to learn to make all these ways to store his photos.  I think he will enjoy looking at this little treasure for a long time.  

8 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love this! So many great flip ups and fold outs and pockets and such a great design! What a beautiful keepsake! Take a bow!

Nan G said...

A fabulous album! It was a lot of work!

Patricia said...

WOW!!! that's one STUNNING album, love everything about it.

Patricia x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Glenda, what a fab fab result...you were right to just jump in and go for it....your manly man Grandson will love it.

Sylvia said...

What a lot of nice, but hard work Glenda, I know your grandson appreciated the album and will always remember the trip. Have a wonderful Tuesday...sorry to be so late! You know what kind of Monday I had!

Did you turn on word verification cause it is on!

Leslie Miller said...

I predict he will absolutely love this and treasure it forever and ever! What a labor of love and so well done. Many clever touches. Love the pull outs and pockets and tags. Very nice, Glenda!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

What a Wonderful Project for your Grandson's Trip!!!! It really turned out GREAT!!! I'm diffently with you on the Blood Sweet and Tear's part, I love albums but it's so, so, So time comsuming for me....
He will keep looking and showing this album for YEARS to come and get to relive his good times!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous!