Friday, August 29, 2014

A Happy Halloween Card.....


Good morning everyone!  We are rushing head first into a long holiday weekend and I hope you have lots of fun things planned with family and friends.  The is typically the last holiday of the summer and most of us will be doing backyard picnics and family gatherings. I am looking forward just a bit and have been working on Halloween cards for my grandsons.  Yes that's right...not a girl in the bunch so I can't really adorn them with flowers but a bow here and there is tolerated.  My grandsons are all growing up: 17 - 16 - 11  but they all still expect a card made by me for their birthdays and the holidays.  I hope I never grow too old to make their cards.  I always write them a special note inside of encouragement and love and they really enjoy receiving them.  I have been sort of lax in my efforts over the summer as I have been so busy with yard and garden but now things are winding down and I'm playing more in my craftroom.

So I had this paper I printed from a digital kit I purchased and I loved the colors and the stripes so that is what I used.  Next I used some Crafty Secrets images and a couple of images from G45 and we are off and running.  I think it will be a big hit with the boys!

Well that is it for me this morning.  Hope you have a good one and that you do something today that brings you joy.  And be sure and come back on Sunday August 31 for a post about paying it forward as I feature three bloggers that have inspired me through the years! See you then!

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, love the paper and details!!!!

Rita said...

Beautiful work Glenda. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Perfect card for the grandsons. Love the colors. And the little tag is so cute! Have a great holiday weekend.

Carla S. said...

Fantastic Halloween card, Glenda! Love the striped paper and fun image!

Patricia said...

Beautiful creation made using that fantastic paper we saw on your desk on Wednesday.
Great image and design
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs

Patricia x

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Glenda, visiting late...better late than never! Hope you are having a good day!

Leslie Miller said...

Love this! Halloween is a great opportunity to play with these bright, intense colors and fun images. I try to make a few for kids every year, and maybe a couple for some fun-loving friends. Love the vintage look of this. Reminds me maybe I should send a Halloweeen package to our son this year. I am so looking forward to winding down for fall. Still having garden weather here, though.