Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Suprise Post....


Good morning out there!  My title can be a little deceiving so I want to clear that up right now!  I have gotten a little lax in posting, getting down to Monday, Wednesday and Friday and I must admit I've become quite lazy in my crafting.  The surprise is it is Thursday and I have a card to share with you.  This little darling comes to me from a special friend...stamped onto watercolor paper and ready to color just for you.  She is such a dear one to take the time to send these to me as she knows I love to practice my coloring with Ranger Distress re-inkers.  Sometimes, still when I color I have to just trash the piece and start over on something else.  This one turned out perfectly I think!  I think she is just so cute standing on the fence with the flowers all around her and that perfect hat just topping off the whole design.

As I was saying, I colored this with distress inks and then mounted on a piece of brown card stock to match the piece of design paper I found.  Next I needed some ribbon or some tiny yellow flowers, so I opted to take a piece of seam binding and color it with a Lemon Pro Marker and it does such a fine job of matching the piece. 

I wanted to keep this clean and simple as I am really proud of the way it worked up.  And by doing this I can mail with no problem.

Well thanks for stopping by to visit.  I always appreciate your visits and if you have time to leave a comment I love to read them!  And as always, no matter where you are or what you are doing, take a moment and breathe!

13 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous, Glenda....don't you love it when everything comes together like it should, lol.

Rita said...

Stunningly Beautiful Glenda. I am constantly struggling to improve my colouring as not always what I'd like it to be. I have some wedding cards to make, so better get crafting. Have a nice day. Hugs Rita xxx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

I can see why your pleased with how your card turned out... She's just perfect, love how you do the blue shading around the upper part of the image and the brown shading around the bottom for sky and ground. I'm always scard to to that after I have the whole thing colored, but it just sofenes the whold look. And the Yellow is just the color to set it off!
Great Job!!!

May said...

This card is Stunning Glenda, Fabulous job on the colouring of this cute image, fabulous backing papers and embellishments! Lovely Job, Hugs May x x x x

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Glenda! I love the sweet image and your coloring is fantastic! Wonderful papers and ribbon, too!

Sylvia said...

I agree, this is beautiful, Glenda, and quite perfect as well! You know I love yellow and blue and the brown just sets it off! Sweet image and I am glad to find a surprise post! Have a wonderful day.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love this little image and I agree 100% on trying to do things so they can be easily mailed. Then they are out of here with less expense. Thanks for stopping by, I just seem to have NO extra time and trying to limit this computer time to get caught up from missing about a week with travel and illness.. Have a great weekend, today we have some much needed rain but to be 80 on Sunday..Trees are budding and early flowers peeping thru.

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

A lovely card Glenda, and so you should be proud !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxxxx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...you've captured the essense of springtime...very pretty...Mel :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh your coloring is always beautiful! Super cute card GF!

Michelle said...

awe! this reminds me of my little girl...so sweet, Glenda! awesome coloring!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is just beautiful. Your cloloring leaves me in awe!

Anonymous said...

In using this method, you can decide you need to patronize a counselor would you delicate sizegenetics, therapeutic sizegenetics, a treadmill masters in erotic gay sizegenetics. Numerous practitioners are happy to combine these strategies. Case one for this excellent achievements that probably be if you use the web to locate an appropriate service company regarding man sizegenetics.This can be a significantly better way than examining phone books or maybe newspapers advertisements. It's so much easier so they can be able for one help individualize the knowledge any time you go in a homepage.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/