Monday, October 24, 2016

More From Heartfelt Creations....Blushing Rose Collection

Here is the second project I made for last week for Heartfelt Creations.  I'm in love with the Blushing Rose Collection.  The stamps, dies and papers are just wonderful and such a joy to work with and these roses just speak to me!


Heartfelt Creations Products Used and Products Carried in Their Shop:
HCPC-3757 Blushing Rose Background Cling Stamps
HCPC-3755 Blushing Rose Stem Cling Stamp
HCD1-7113 Blushing Rose Stem Die
HCDP1-271 Blushing Rose Paper Collection
HCDP1-270 Classic Rose Paper Collection
HCD1-762 Decorative Oval Die
Bamboo Leaves and New Sprout Memento Ink
Dove Blender Pen
Designer Dries Clear Glue

Other Supplies:  Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small, White Cardstock, Purple Cardstock, Canson Watercolor Paper, Gold Embossing Powder, Dusty Concord Distress Ink, 6mm Half Pearls, Scor-Tape, White Seam Binding, Dimensional Tape 

Instructions:
My tag measures 4 X 6 1/2.  Make the tag using watercolor paper for strength. Cover with a piece of the Blushing Rose Paper Collection.  Next I stamped and embossed the Blushing Rose Background Cling Stamp and then set the tag aside while I worked on the other elements.  I dyed a piece of the seam binding using Dusty Concord Distress Ink and set it aside to dry.  Next I used the circle dies to cut out a frame using purple and white cardstock.  I used a circle piece of paper from the Classic Rose paper collection to go behind my circle for contrast.  Cut out the Decorative Oval and then use one of the circle dies to make it fit my frame.  Now glue all layers of the frame together and let dry.  Once dry I added the half pearls and glued them down.  I stamped and cut out the roses and leaves and colored it with Memento Ink on the leaves and Distress Ink for the rosebuds. The Dove Blender Pen works wonderfully for this.  I used dimensional tape behind the roses and mounted it to the circle piece.  I also used dimensional tape to apply the circle piece to my tag.  Next tie the bow and adhere to the bottom of the tag.   

I love making tags as they can be given as a stand alone gift or slipped down into a gift bag with a gift for a friend.  It just gives a little bit of extra love from you to them!

3 comments:

Maire Gamber said...

Wow! I could look at your gorgeous cards all day long! You always have that "extra" special touch!
Hugs, Marie

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, nice background stamp! Love how you arched the roses over the lattice. Just a gorgeous tag. I'm especially taken by your ribbon once again. You do the most beautiful job dying it and then tying into a big, fluffy bow. Fantastic!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely tag and pretty papers, Glenda, that die cut is lovely as well. Sorry about Monday, I just keep wondering if it is Tuesday on Monday! LOL! So Happy Tuesday!