Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Heartfelt Creations November Alumni Design Team Blog Hop...

Good morning everyone and welcome to the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop for November!  Each month some of the alumni design team members get together and participate in this hop and I'm always so happy to get to play along. I haven't been on the regular design team for quite awhile but I still love all the products.  Such quality stamps and dies and papers and I could do on and on! Can you tell I'm a Heartfelt Creations kinda girl?  Well I definitely am!

If you arrived here from Giovana Smith's Blog you are right on track and remember to leave a comment on as many of our blogs  as you can because you never know which blog will have the winning comment. You could be the winner of a $25 gift certificate for product from Heartfelt Creations.  You have until midnight November 28th to comment and the winner will be announced on November 29th.

These screen fold cards are sort of popular right now and I decided I wanted to give them a try.  Looking on YouTube you can go as elaborate as you like with the design and decoration.  Since this is my very first one, I decided to keep it middle of the road so I wouldn't over do it.  I love the clean lines of this but I still got to use a gorgeous flower and some pretty ribbon and a sentiment from Heartfelt Creations.  I used some Art Glitter Designer dries clear adhesive and traced some of the pretty swirls in the design paper and then glittered it.  I used the glitter tip for delicate work on the end of the glue and it enables you to do detailed work.  And then here is my sunflower!  I love these stamps and dies and I used some of my homemade glitzy recipe for the center.

When you leave here you need to go to Lisa Gregory's  blog to continue along the hop. Good luck in the draw!




Supply List:
Green, Yellow and Brown Cardstock
Spellbinders Dies (Nested Pennants, Labels Twenty Two)
HCD 753 Classic Sunflower Die
HCD 747 Arianna Lace Die
HCPC 3626 Classic Sunflower PreCut Set
HCPC 3382 Magnificent Cardinal Rose PreCut Set
Half pearls colored with Denim Alcohol Marker
Homemade Glitz for Flower Centers
Seam Binding
Glue
Black Memento Ink
Stormy Sky Distress Ink
Dimensional Tape
Scor Tape
Glitter
Glue 
Marigold Morning Stampin-Up Retired Ink


29 comments:

Caroline D. said...

Very pretty... it's like 4 cards in 1!! The extra glittering you did on the background paper really makes it pop. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun card!

LISA said...

I LOVE this!!!! So unique and very pretty!!

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely card, that sunflower makes me think of warm summer. Love the glitter on the screen paper, Glenda, beautiful card! Have a lovely Tuesday!

craftieodmae said...

now there's a show stopper!!!! Gorgeous!

Patricia said...

A super fun card, I really like this idea.
Mmmm!! a little bit of inspiration there, thank you very much.

Patricia x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so beautiful!

Warm hugs
Maarit

merrymstamper said...

absolutely gorgeous! Love the folds and that flower is stunning!

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous design! Love the glitter and that beautiful sunflower. Now you have me wondering what your glitzy recipe is. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Addieper said...

Love the card. Can't wait to try the fold card. Thanks.

cghundley said...

This is so neat
and love the
design of it.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

A special card

Unknown said...

Neat card, it's a surprise on every page. Great idea

Regena said...

What a neat card!! love it

Unknown said...

Unusual card, looks like I may have to try this one

Unknown said...

Your screen fold card turned out lovely!

Amy C. said...

This is stunning and I love the glittery paper!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm behind the times in stamping and card designing. I've never heard of the screen fold let alone seen it. I'm glad I stopped by on the blog hop. I like all the little touches too.

Carole Wright said...

wow what a brilliant idea,love it. x

Carole Wright said...

wow what a brilliant idea,love it. x

Carol Rigby said...

Not come across this style of card before. It is beautiful x

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

I recently made my first screen fold card. Yours, however, is absolutely beautiful with that sunflower!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Love the shape of the card. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jenny Alia said...

Just lovely! That flower is stunning. Very cool design.

beingMe said...

I have to try this type of card. Yours is lovely!

Unknown said...

I have some ideas of my own after seeing this. Can't wait to get started. Thanks for sharing.

disneylisa said...

The yellow sunflower adds just the pop of color to make this really eye catching.

Diane said...

Simple and beautiful. What a clever design.

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Love the simple and elegant lines of this card along with the extra touches of glitter to the design paper. Beautiful work.