Friday, January 31, 2014

Dogwood Blossoms.....


How's that for making your heart sing?  Nothing says Spring like the Dogwood trees in blossom around here.  I have several in my yard and when they are in bloom I just want to sit out there and stare at them!  To me they signal the coming of Easter and warmer temps in the Lakeway area!  The centers of the flowers are covered with colored Flower Soft; I just swipe my ink pad of Ranger Distress Inks onto a surface and then drop the Flower Soft into it and rub it around until it takes on the color. Let it dry and apply glue to the center piece and then dip into the Flower Soft.  Easy Peasy! Susan Tierney Cockburn has aced these flowers.  The Susan's Garden dies are just amazing and her tool kit is like no other.  So it just makes sense that I use her tools to make flowers.  Problem is she is creating these dies faster than I can purchase them.  I promised myself everything in moderation this year! I promised myself I would use what I have...but that doesn't mean dies doe it?  Help me out here...I really didn't mean dies....did I?

OK that's it for me this morning.  Hope you have a great day. Remember it is Friday and you need to get ready cause tomorrow is the weekend!

Supplies:
Susan's Garden Dogwood Die
PanPastels
Spellbinders Fancy Lattice Die
Flower Soft
Ranger Distress Ink
Burgundy ProMarker (For ends of flower petals)
Design Paper
Purple Ribbon
Sentiment is a Flourishes stamp...Sorry I cannot remember the name of the set.

17 comments:

Selma said...

Stunning. What a great job creating those dogwoods Glenda. I agree that Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit is necessary for creating life like flowers. When you see all the new flowers Susan has coming out in February, you are going to want more dies!!! I can hardly wait. Love the purple. Gorgeous card.

Crafty Lark said...

Beautiful card Glenda,your flowers are gorgeous and I love the way you have done your trellis. Smashing colour also. I can definitely say that dies are the exception being another addict. xx Flora

Patricia said...

Beautiful, just beautiful, I love, love, love it.
I have a few of Susan's Dies but not this one........YET!!!
Have a great weekend

Patricia xx

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Stunning! I am so ready for Spring!

craftieodmae said...

Way over the top of gorgeousness!!!! I love the lattice part, how clever and those flowers are just amazing!!!!!

Carla S. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Glenda! I love the DP and lattice! The dogwood blossoms are so beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Dogwood definitely says Spring, Glenda, can almost see it swaying in the breeze! Pretty card with pretty colors, have a fun Friday!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Again you have how done yourself with these Beautiful Dogwoods... The purples really show your flowers off. Love it!!

Caroline D. said...

So realistic!!! Dogwoods are one of my favorite spring flowering trees. :) Beautiful card!

Darlene said...

OMG Glenda those dogwood flowers turned out PERFECT! LOVE your design! Perfect choice of papers/color to really make this springtime card sing! BEAUTIFUL!!
Stay warm ...
(I has a red winged blackbird at the feeder yesterday ... that's a good sign of an early spring ... I HOPE!)

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your dogwoods are wonderful. I am ready for spring and I fear I am way too early. LOL! I am always fascinated with your lovely flowers.

Marjorie said...

I receive your updates via email and look forward to seeing your beautiful creations. Today I wanted to hop on over to your blog and let you know that this card is beautiful. I love Susan's flowers and having them on the trellis is perfect. Very stunning. Thanks for your inspiration.
Marjorie from TX

Judi said...

When I saw the beginnings of this card on your work space earlier this week, I knew it would be great and I was right. Love those little dogwood blossoms. As to the dies, I think we should be allowed to do what we enjoy at a certain age and if that includes a few purchases every month, so be it. You go girl!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Wow, you have done an amazing job with the dogwood flowers, the card is beautiful.

Leslie Miller said...

I sure hope my little pink dogwood blooms this year. It hasn't bloomed since I brought it home a couple of years ago. They're native here, so I don't know what's wrong. I would hope it could look as pretty as your card! Oh, my word, Glenda, you've outdone yourself again! The flowers are perfect, and I love how you cut away the lattice. The paper, too, is totally gorgeous. I'm just a little bit awestruck!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Anyone who can make flowers as gorgeous and lifelike as these dogwoods has my permission to buy all the dies she wants! Wow, Glenda! Just wow!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Glenda, loooooove this card, gorgeous background, holy shmoly, those flowers almost look real, fabulous job on them, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day, ((( BIG HUGS )))...