Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Morning and Another Holiday Tag

Good Monday morning and welcome to my world!  I'm afraid this morning is filled with an 11 year old Yorkie barking at a 10 month old Yorkie and I have to say Maggie's ear piercing bark is about to get the best of me!  Pardon me while I settle them down...Now that is much better.  Thank you for stopping by and I will try and present with little darlings at my side.  Of course they would never do anything to upset their Mom so early in the morning.

Whew, glad that is settled.  Now I can have my first cup of coffee and show you a tag I have been working on!


Yes, I know these a little different for Christmas but I love the look this has.  I have a brass stencil of these ornaments from 2004 (Lynell Harlow)...that's all I remember about this one.  Anyway I used my Liquitex Modeling Paste and made this wonderful holiday tag.  I started with a tag made out of watercolor paper for strength and stability and rubbed distress ink into it to give the background the color I wanted.  Next you tape the stencil down into place and spread your Liquitex over it until you achieve a thin even layer of paste.  Now pull up the stencil and let the paste dry and you have this wonderful white design against the darker background.  I may try one of these with a green background as well but I have to say I do love the look of this one.  The sentiment is from Flourishes and the name of the set is "Warm Winter Wishes".

Well this sums it up for me this morning...we are sitting at 31 degrees and it feels like winter may be approaching.  Have a wonderful day and no matter where you are or what you are doing, find some time to do something you love and breathe!

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Love it, I have that stuff and never think of it, the dogs must be happy it's Monday LOL

Selma said...

This is a beautiful tag Glenda. I love using the paste for dimension. We have already had snow several times, so I believe winter is here!

Sylvia said...

Your tag is beautiful, Glenda, love the mix of blue and purple! Have a beautiful Monday!

Caroline D. said...

This tag is fantastic!! Love the colors too! I will have to give the modeling paste a try to use over Distress Inks and other dye inks because the regular embossing paste will suck up the color too so you don't end up with a nice white as yours is. Thanks for the tip!

Starla said...

I just found a bunch of stencils I had forgotten I had in my stash, including some brass ones. I can't wait to use them also!
I love how this turned out!!

Susanne said...

Very pretty. I'm playing with a little purple on a Christmas page myself today.

Nan G said...

I simply love the colors! This made a gorgeous tag. And I was having the same issue as Caroline when I used embossing paste...it soaks up the ink color. Not bad sometimes but when you want white ... I have a small sample jar of this paste, now to find it. :) Hugs

Mary Ann said...

Love your tag,Very Pretty!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I just love how dimensional those ornaments look with the modeling paste. Beautifully blended colors on the background, too. Fabulous tag, Glenda!