Monday, October 29, 2012

A Sympathy Card.....

 
I usually try and keep a few sympathy cards on hand...we all need them now and then.  I love lots of white when I do one of these cards with just a tiny bit of color.  To me it is just a quiet elegance that you need for such an occasion.  I used an embossing folder for the card base and then Spellbinders dies for all the layers.  I found these flowers at a scrapbook store I visited in Pigeon Forge and I just don't remember who the maker is.  I think they are just the pop of color this card needed.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations.
 
Well people, it's Monday again and winter is visiting us here in the Tennessee Valley!  We are not scheduled for any of the snow, we scooted by again.  I understand the mountains here were scheduled to receive a foot of snow overnight!  I would love to see that!
 
Well that's all for me this morning!  Have a wonderful day and try and find time to be creative!
 
supplies:
White Card Stock
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Dies
Heartfelt Creations stamps (HCPC 3377) Sympathy Sentiment PreCut Set

16 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

What a stunning card. Beautiful.

Rita said...

Such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion Glenda. Beautifully done. Hugs Rita xx

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love white on white, but I may rethink and start adding a tad of color, breathtaking!! Stay warm, glad you aren't getting the Snow!

marsha said...

Glenda, this is such a gorgeous sympathy card! I love the white on white - so elegant.
Hugs,
Marsha

Mihaela said...

Very elegant and delicate! Callas looks so beautiful!!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

You are just the answer I needed this morning. I need to make a few sympathy cards and was at a loss for ideas. I saw this lovely card and knew I would have to case it! Thanks for inspiring me.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda! I love all the white with a pop of color in the flowers! Beautiful design! Sadly, I just needed a sympathy card, so I might have to case this one to put in reserve. Have a nice day!

scrappymo! said...

You are right...sympathy cards are good to have for the stash...it is too upsetting to try to make one when you are feeling so badly for the family!
Yours is lovely...I love the white on white look of it and the fancy die cut for the sentiments is so beautiful.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good Morning Glenda, what a beautiful card. I enjoy making Sympathy cards and like the white also.
Hoping you miss the bundle of snow forcast. I think we are far enough away to miss all the danger and some rain would be good. But my prayers go out to my niece and family and all the people involved. Have agreat week,

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda, Love the embossed background and those beautiful flowers. Have a wonderful day.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very elegant! Beautifully done!

Nan G said...

Love the quiet elegance of this card! A wonderful idea the white with just a hint of color.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So beautiful, Glenda! I just love Callas. This will really bring comfort to the recipient.

Starla said...

Glenda, your creations literally take my breath away on some days!

Lenoria said...

This is a beautiful card! Wish I could have seen you on your visit to Pigeon Forge. Hope you had a good time visiting and the traffic wasn't too bad. That is the one thing I hate about this area, the traffic.

HappyCrafter said...

This is lovely and so tasteful! I really like the white on white with the touch of colour.