Friday, August 17, 2012

A Little Fall For My Table....


I needed a little something to slip into a fall floral arrangement that I have on my table and I thought this little candle would work perfectly.  The image is from Just Rite Stamps, an oldie but goodie, and I stamped it on tissue paper and colored with watercolor pencils.  Once I had it the way I wanted I used a piece of wax paper to hold the image on my candle and my heat gun to set it into the wax.  Then a little ribbon and it's ready to go.  It will be perfect in the globe that sits in the arrangement.  I used to do this with Copic markers, but since I sold mine I had to improvise.  I didn't know if the pencils would work, but it turned out pretty good.  It was not worth keeping them for one or two projects a year.  I never played well with the Copics anyway.  Seemed to over do it on everything.

Well we are almost into the weekend.  What do you have planned?  Is your weather nice?  We have been enjoying beautiful weather and I can definitely feel Fall coming.  Have a great weekend and try and take a moment to Breathe! 

13 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is really beautiful and your colouring is superb. Here in Northern Ireland our weather for the past few days has been very warm and sticky and very,very wet.

Rita said...

A beautiful candle Glenda. This idea would make a lovely gift too. Hope your doing OK. Hugs Rita xxx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Turnd out Great!!! You do such beautiful work with your Distressed Inks you dont need Copics and that added $expence$ too. I'm with you I could never get the hang of Copics either....
Love your candle and glad you up and about again too!!!!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Beautiful Glenda, Have't tried this technique yet. This give me some inspiration to get motivated.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful candle, Glenda, the pumpkins are colored beautifully! It is a fun time of year just thinking about fall. Have a wonderful Friday, hope it is filled with crafty moments!

marsha said...

Glenda, this is so clever! I've always admired this technique, maybe I will try it now that I've seen your beautiful creation.
Hugs,
Marsha

April said...

Your candle is so pretty. I know you will enjoy it this fall on your table! Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Wendy said...

This is just gorgeous. I love pumpkins, and this makes me look forward to fall!
Our weather has actually been a bit of a fall preview, but they say we'll be sweating again by Sunday.
I'll be back blogging soon--just have to get these kids back to school! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a great idea. Our weather has put me in a fall mood. Hoping to start putting away summer and sorting out some fall things.Slowly getting back in the swing of things. Got a Lot done today. Have a great weekend, so many things scheduled I don't know how we are going to get them all done.

craftieodmae said...

awesome, I have never got one to turn out right, you inspire me!

Starla said...

Very pretty! I need to get out my fall candles that I did the same way (except the watercoloring part..I just stamped! hehe)

Leslie Miller said...

I've never tried this with a colored image before. I've always used solid stamps, but this turned out gorgeous! It's fascinating how this process works -- a little bit magical.

Caroline D. said...

OH, this is so pretty!!! The colored pencils look good on the candle. Wonder how the distress inks would do? I know they are water based... might not if there is there water in wax candles?